Each morning when I would kiss my two daughters good bye, at the same time I would say be positive, do your best and I love you. On numerous occasions, they would come downstairs arguing about something. I would take those opportunities to explain to them that it is important to start your day right by being positive. There is no point in arguing, thereby ruining your day.
Why do I encourage them to be positive? I do so because I believe that if you have a positive frame of mind, you can think through a situation and come up with better solutions. In addition, your interaction with other people will be pleasant and rewarding in terms of knowledge exchange. Here are some of the reasons why it is important to be positive:
- Being positive helps you make good and informative decisions because your brain is not clouded with negative thoughts and emotions.
- Avoid situations in which you have to apologize for something you say while you were upset. Remember that when you say hurtful things to others, it is like driving a nail through the wood, you can always pull out the nail by saying I’m sorry, but the scar will stay forever.
- If you’re having a bad day, people who come your way do not deserve to be mistreated.
- By focusing on the positive side of the equation, you can keep things in perspective.
- By being positive, you can attract people who want to interact and work with you. It can also improve your overall performance over time because people want to be around you.
- When things go wrong, applying negative thought will not really improve your situation. Assess your situation and step back and figure out your way forward.
- Opportunities can only be seen by those who are ready for them. If you’re upset, you’ll never see good in others, thereby missing the opportunity to connect with others.
While I’m saying positivity is important, I know that I’m human, that I will have good and bad days. But my point is I try my best to take control of my emotion and actions to the best of my abilities. I’m a realist, but I learn a lot through my mistakes. I also learned that I can only make matters worse by acting inappropriately. Therefore it is important for me to make the right decision amid challenges unfolding in front of me.
Writing is a labor of love, if you like my post share it with your friends. If you don’t agree, let me know your thoughts. I always look forward to learn new things or gain new knowledge. Thank you for your time.